Friday 13 May 2016

Steadycam Test Shot

A great amount of my music video will comprise of shots of my protagonist running through the woods, I was trying to style it after the running scenes in the music video 'Hunger of  the Pine' by Alt-J. 

These scenes are not by any means easy to achieve. In order to be able to get stable-enough footage of my chasing after him, I had to use a stabiliser. So I booked out the steadycam from the college and took it out on some test shots. But before I could do this I needed to make sure it was balanced to my camera. This took up the most time was I had a very heavy camera and their weren't enough weights to balance it! But in the end, with a lot of tinkering, Toby and I were able to sort it out and take it for a spin along the corridor! 
This practice was invaluable was I was able to know what was need to balance it, and how to steer the steadycam to get the smoothest shots. So when it came to the production day, I was able to get those scenes very quickly and effortlessly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors