Friday 20 May 2016

Cinematic Inspiration

I was greatly inspired by Adele's 'Hello' music video (directed by Xavier Dolan) as regards it's colour grading. It uses a grade sort of like a sepia, but with an earthy green tint. That was the effect I wanted to emulate too, but just a bit warmer. I chose to make it warmer as this music video heavily centres around the theme of fire thus I thought it would be appropriate for it to be warmer. I think it worked well and made the music video feel moodier and emotional, which was my main aspiration for this music video. It also helped on a technical level as a lot of the night time scenes were tinted in an awful deep orange glow from the street lights above. This made the video look ugly and amateur. So colour correcting and grading it this way really helped save the footage. 

Before:

After:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors