Thursday 19 May 2016

Initial Reflection

This unit helped me to start working on the initial pre production, and make a start at getting my ideas on paper. 


I did a mind map which helped me to broaden my concept and think about all the different aspects of my film. From the song I was going to use, to how I would stylise it and what themes it would centre around.
I also wrote up a blog post on some of the music videos that I was inspired by. These included Marry The Night by Lady Gaga. Which was very influential to me as a short film music video. One of the first I ever saw, and it's so edgy! Then there was Alright by Kendrick Lamar that incorporated black and white video, politically charged lyrics and death-defying stunts all in one masterpiece of a music video. And lastly, Let It Go by James Bay who's somber pans and focus pulls, toppled with the understated fact that everything around him was burning to the ground, made for a timeless work of art.

I'd like to use the best bits of all these music videos to sculpt and mould my music video into something belonging in their league. 

Whats also helped me is to make a pre production folder, in which I included all the screenshots, and concept photos that I'm using to inspire the mood and feel of my music video. Lots of fire, smoke, destruction, and Lana Del Rey. I will keep on adding content into this folder, and as I do so it will help focus my idea. 

Next, I need to focus on doing more primary and secondary research into arsonist's, who they are and why they do what they do. And also on who my audience is, and what the want and expect from a music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors