Wednesday 3 December 2014

Pro-Voting Campaigns

What helps to get people voting?
Are these effective campaigns? Why?
Would these encourage you to vote or not? Why?
Consider - Mode of address(direct/indirect), mise-en-scene, content, style, camera tech, editing



Get Registered
My initial views of this campaign is that it is stupid and very dumbed-down. No it would not encourage me because it is against my religious views to vote, so nothing will encourage me to. If my beliefs were not a problem, it still would. I think voting is a very serious matter and should not be taken lightly, having this ridiculous advert does not do it justice. Also the colour grading is very grungy, which really does not fit in with it's comedic genre. The computer generated images and special effects are really fake. 

Yes We Can

The 'Yes We Can' song was one of the worst song I have ever listened to. True, it was inspiration, maybe, and the message was good, but as a song it was agonisingly horrible. It was agonising having to listen to four and a half gruelling minutes of it. Never again. If I did vote, then I would say that this would encourage me, but oh my word it was bad. I understood what the director was trying to do, getting singers to sing his speech, over his speech. The execution was poor. The video is obviously geared towards young persons, by means of all the modern celebrities in it. This strategy could however backfire as it means discourage adult voters from voting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors