Thursday 4 December 2014

Colour Harmonies



The Complementary Colour Harmony

Colours that are opposite each other on the colour wheel.

The Analogous Colour Harmony


Colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel.


The Triad Colour Harmony

Colours that are evenly spaced around the colour wheel.



The Split-Complementary Colour Harmony


A variation of the complementary colour scheme. In addition to the base colour, it uses the two colours adjacent to its complement.


The Rectangle Colour Harmony
Four colours arranged into two complementary pairs.



The Square Colour Harmony

Similar to the rectangle, but with all four colours spaced evenly around the colour circle.


________________________________________________________________________

At the beginning of this assignment I had a fair bit of experience with colours, mixing colours, and colour harmonies from my GCSE art course. This was much more in-depth than what i had ever been taught though, and I can strongly say that I understand colours much much more now. There are many more different colour harmonies than I ever thought. I only really knew about the Complementary colour harmony. From now on I will be able to chose a much more diverse and pleasing colour pallet for my design projects. 


1 comment:

Contributors