Monday 3 November 2014

Who's The Prime Minister?


Facts
Out of the 53 people we interviewed, only 5 (9.43%) Did not know who the Prime Minister was.
Out of the 5 persons who did not know who the Prime Minister was, 3/5th were females with an average age of 16. Both guys were 18 years old.



Assumptions
We found this surprising because we were actually expecting more people to not know who the Prime Minister was. This is because the stereotype of the younger generation is that they have no knowledge on politics.

Although this number is very small, it is still very intriguing to know that there are actually British people who don’t know who’s running their country.


(All information is based on the data compiled in this spreadsheet)


What I Learnt

What I learnt from this assignment is that politics is actually something the majority of teenagers do know about, and they're a lot more interested in it than I thought prior to this assignment. 

With the collecting of primary data, my group and I went around asking teenagers within the college various questions. At first we were all anxious about going up to strangers to ask them the questions. But after this assignment I have become a lot more confident with asking the public for help in surveys, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same way too. Everyone we talked to were so kind and patient with us, not at all what I was expecting!

Line In The Sand

Before this assignment 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors