Friday 15 January 2016

FMP Reflection

Brief description in a paragraph of what your FMP was/what did you decide to do?
I decided to make a concept website that would aggregate all the major on-demand video websites (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc) and provide each user with a personalised internet video guide.

List 3 things you did particularly well:

  • I created a virtual website tour 
  • I pitched in front of my tutor and head editor of the Bath Chronicle 
  • I was able to Adobe Flash to create my product 

List 3 things you will not do this time!:
  • I will not leave all the work to the last minute 
  • I will not try to 'wing-it' 
  • I will not get a pass 

Were there any struggles throughout the project?
I struggled to export that flash file into a video, as It wanted to export it as a 40GB video! I also had a hell of a time getting the video teaser for 'The Flash' to play on queue! I spent the majority of the time trying to figure out how to get it to work. In the end I was able to get it to play properly.

Did you do anything to surprise yourself?
I was surprised at how well i was able to grasp Adobe Flash, and so quickly at that! From have no prior experience in it, to producing the level of work I did. I was quite proud of myself.

What research did you conduct?
I conducted a vast array of research, such as focus groups, interviews, questionnaires, and opinion polls. I had great fun doing this as I enjoy collecting data, especially questionnaire polls.

Were you happy with the overall piece? And why?
I am happy with the overall piece, because I created a product that I would actually like and love to use. And something that I think could really benefit people across a wide age range. I hope that one day it is able to be a reality!


SWOT ANALYSIS
Scribes Short Film
Strengths - My strength was my ability to organise a team to work together. Having a crew that works in harmony with each other can really make or break a film. Making sure that all the actors were in when we needed them and that they were look after, and that we filmed all the scenes in the appropriate lighting is integral to the film. I was also able to organise the use of an alleyway in Bath with the Bath film office in ample time before the shoot.
Weakness - My weakness was nervousness. I tend to get very nervous in the lead up to a big event, Which can affect my work. This happened again for the lead up to production day, but thankfully I got better as we day progressed.
Opportunities - I got the opportunity to go to a set design company with my class based in Bristol. This was a great experience as it really gave us
Threats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors