Tuesday 24 March 2015

Phones Shouldn't Be Used In Class

I have been tasked to create a 15 seconds or less public safety video on "Phones shouldn't be used in class." The animation shows a phone game being played and then it cuts to a zoomed out shot with the same game being played but the classroom the character is in is on fire. Plot being that he was so focused and distracted by his phone that he didn't even notice what was going on around him in class, which is why it's important to not use phones in class.



The plot of the video has changed dramatically from the original script and storyboards. I find this always happens in all my productions though, I always bite off more than I can chew. I do really love what I was able to produce though. Considering I cannot draw to save my life! I was most proud of the elastic rope on my slingshot, it took hours of tinkering to get that to stretch out and then bounce back, and I'm really proud of it. I created it by using a number of different tweens, motion and shape, on different keyframed sections.


What I would of liked to do to improve it is add some background. For example in the phone screen while the ball is whizzing past, having clouds and landscape slowly rolling in the background would of really added a nice sense of depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors