Thursday 21 April 2016

Research Conclusion

Primary & Secondary Research
My primary research showed that most individuals questioned prefered dramatic short film music videos as opposed to any other type (Comedic, generic, dance videos, etc). Also that the greater majority of them have been affected, whether directly or indirectly, by domestic violence or abuse of some kind. My secondary researched showed that arsonist's usually come from a background of domestic violence too. And because of that fact I expect my short film-music video to be relatable to my audience.

Conclusion
From my research I can conclude that though a marginal amount, some Arsonist's commit the act because they get a sexual arousal from burning someone's property. Which drives them to do it more and more. Which brings me to my next point, they don't necessarily like ‘any old’ fire, it has to be fire that's burning someone's property. That's what gives it the excitement. This whole mentality however can be traced back to an inborn and unrelenting desire to control. To them, fire is the ultimate destroyer and in the moment they feel like they are in control of the destruction. This desire for authority and to control and often be seen seeping into all aspects of their life. Work, domestic, religious, etc. 

Outcome/Decision
I have decided to pursue this short film/music video idea as I can see a great amount of potential for a great final product. I think the idea is something that is seldom spoken about and should be. And I think there's a lot of room for dark and edgy cinematic shoots, amidst the roaring flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors