Thursday 21 May 2015

Audio Editorial

In my short film 'Malfeasance' there was quite a bit of audio edits that I had to make. For example in many scenes the weir overpowered the dialog audio. To counteract this I used a nose reducing audio filter on the Weirs audio. I thought long and hard about it but came to the conclusion that the filter actually made the dialog audio worse, making it sound 'tinny' so I decided against it and just turned down the volume. As seen throughout the scenes screenshotted below.




I also played around with the audio effects levels on the different clips to try making the sound even throughout the film. This was because in some scenes depending on where the microphone was, it would picked up different volume levels.

In the final orchestral piece, I chose to sample a piece from a song I fell in love with a while back and had to use in a film (You & Me - The Flume Remix). I also chose to have all diagetic sound fade out to silence when the song starts, isolating just the song, giving it  a more dramatic affect.

I made sure to remove any loud and random disturbances in the audio, like a car honking its horn. I did this by detaching the audio clip, cutting the sound out and then layering a background audio track under it that I recorded on the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors