Thursday 29 January 2015

What I learnt From The Talk


Today we had former students of Bath College, from the level 3 course in media speak to us about life after the course. I found them very interesting, especially the two guys who started up their own production business, centred around wedding videos.


Which coincidently is exactly what I want to do when I finish this course! Even down to the business model. Which is to making wedding videos more exciting by formatting them more like a short film. They totally stole my idea as I've had it for years. 

Competition is good though! I used to work with a wedding video making back in St. Lucia. He made fantastic wedding videos which I would love to expound on. 

I asked them questions like "Have you passed the stage of doubt as to wether your business will make it or not?" as this is something I already get sick thinking about when it comes to setting up my own business, especially if you invest everything into it. To which their response was to start small. Don't invest everything into to. Build up as you go, get as many freebies as possible and really rely on the college for help. Which I think is amazing advice! Also they advised to be willing to work for free, because when you start you need quality above anything else. If you can get together an impressive show reel, then you're more likely to get more clients, who are willing to pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors